Monday, September 17, 2012

Deception-Fair Enough (Part 1)


“I believe I could not look more beautiful”, I smirked looking at myself in the mirror. It was my day,the day my knot was to be tied to Sudhir. Things went in good health. My parents were on cloud nine,for it was a dream come true, to get a son-in-law,like Sudhir. Sudhir was an intellectual man with a beautiful heart. Having done his masters from one of the top Universities, he had everything what a man can vision of.

Another rationale, my parents were happy for, was my conformity towards marriage. Yes, I was 28 years of age, and yet not geared up for marriage, untill I met Sudhir. My aversion towards marriage was for a very predictable reason- My last relationship,lasted for 6 years, and yet it did not climb the aisle of marriage.

Mihir was first love of my life, with whom every moment spent ,was like a dream. I had never ever thought of spending my life without him,but destiny had some different plans. I still remember my last conversation with Mihir.


Mihir- I guess we need to part off, its not going to work. My parents don’t even wish to hear your name, and I can never, in my wildest dreams, go against them.

Me- Please try for one last time, for sake of each moment we have spent together, for sake of love that exists between us.

Mihir- There is no love nymore Mishka, my parents have chosen a girl for me, and I liked her too. I agree she cannot be better then you, but we need to move on.

Me- You never told me about that other girl in your life.

Mihir- I did not think it to be important. Moreover I am tired of being with you. Possessiveness, fights, marriage, is all left between us,there is no love I could sense. For god sake,leave me.

Me- Its good to hear this, after giving more then 5 years of my life to you.

Mihir- don’t feel bad, I am always there for you. Whenever you need me, just give me a call.

That was the last time I spoke with him,and today,here I am,- “Mishka weds Sudhir”. My bridal attire made me look different from other brides of today’s world. It was not any hefty affair buy a simple lehenga,lighest ever in weight giving a typical traditional look. I felt proud for looking so beautiful,for I knew this was the day I have been waiting since childhood.

The marriage ceremony was over and it was the time I had to leave my home (old) for my home( new). I was feeling gulped by my feelings. I was scared,anxious, apprehensive about the new life,awaiting me. I sat in the car and Sudhir said,” How much have you cried, look at you, there is no pinch of make-up left on your face nymore.” I got perturbed and asked if I need to do it again and he replied,”NO, you look even more beautiful without it.”

This was the person I was waiting for, this was my new life I had been yearning for, this was my love I have been craving for, I thought within for I was happy that if not Mihir, I have found someone for whom ill be the world.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful and touchy story :) !!
    i really liked your story , so real and so practical in this era ,,!!

    thanks for wonderful story ! keep posting some new :)

    ReplyDelete