Saturday, August 25, 2012

Puppy Love- the Final part

I, by no means liked, to be called, a Principal’s son. I was haunted by these thoughts and so I detested going to school. These untimely transfers of my dad never really let me close to anyone ever in my life. To put it in uncomplicated words, I never had any friend till I met Rhea. I still bear in mind, the spark of her eyes, when she used to smile, or fight, or just steal a glance.

First time I saw her-

I was new to the school, and I was late by a period of four months. I found it embarrassing, the way teacher introduced, “This is Rahul, and he joins you all today, welcome him and don’t bully him, he is Principal’s son”. Oh, the most bizarre prologue ever. Sulking was the only option, but as soon as I raised my eyes, I saw a beautifully fascinating visage, sitting on the first bench, with the most enigmatic smile ever. “I need to talk to her, god, may I not be a Principal’s son”, I thought and wished.

We spoke for the first time-

Unfortunate circumstances help you win people. It worked for me. I had lost my notebook just before exams and was searching for the same. I inquired from each and every student, but the only one to revert was Rhea. Though, I found her revert, too harsh, I had bubbles in my stomach thinking, “Oh, she sounds so cute even if she is pulling my leg”. I realized much later that she was genuinely concerned.

We became friends-

Notebook incident got us closer. For me she was out of the ordinary. I don’t know, to term it as love or not, but yes she was my first friend ever and I guess first love as well. I still commit to memory, how cutely she taught me for exams nullifying my book loss, and thanks to her, I did fairly well.

Do you love him?

I was waiting for the day, to tell Rhea that I have started liking her and I want her for entire life. I could not do it, so I asked another classmate of mine, Shriya to ask her the same. Shriya asked Rhea, “So, do you love him?” My fingers were crossed but I guess she did not love me. At least it seemed from her reply. I had a minor heart attack. She left my bag in the class and I don’t remember her talking to me after this incident. I still mourn her loss. I lost a friend, I lost my first love.

Best friends became best of enemies

Soon we were the celebrated enemies of class. I was distressed that how could she not accept me or give me a second chance as a friend. She never ever looked at me. I tried my best to move on, but her face, I could just not stop looking at. Her prettiness seemed out of this world to me.

Her Last day in school

I had never thought, this day would ever come. I was too naive to understand that in lives, people come, people go. Was terrified and each and every word of my teacher pinched me. I still remember her exact statement,” Students, lets all wish Rhea a very good bye, her dad has got transferred and so she will have to leave us all”. I cannot visualize myself without her. I could not control myself and asked Rhea, “Can you please wait after the school gets over, I want to talk to you something. Please, once ,for the last time?”. Rhea did not say no.

I kissed her-


Rhea- What is it?

Rahul- ( idiot cant you see how desperately I want to be with you) Where are you going? You did not even tell me.

Rhea- I guess we were not talking, so why should I tell you.

Rahul- ( you chose not to talk, I always wanted to talk to you. We were friends,you should have told me you would be leaving soon. I need to say I love you no matter what) Coz I love you.

Rhea- what? How can you even say such kind of dirty words. We are here to study and love is meant for grown ups. And this was the reason I did not want to speak to you. Go away. ( Walking away from Rahul )

Rahul – ( oh what sort of double standard is this. You see Shahrukh’s movie and say loving is dirty ) I do love you. And I will wait for the day to grow up and love you again the way your Shahrukh does.

Rhea- (Stopped) What do you want?

Rahul- ( I want you stupid. I have to kiss her. She has to know how badly I want her )Just a goodbye kiss.

Rhea- chiii I don’t wish to get pregnant at this age. If you want you can do that .

(How would she get pregnant by a kiss. I always say, half knowledge is dangerous. Anyway leaving rest apart,I have to kiss her. Atleast ill be the firs ever kiss of her life she would never be able to forget )

I kissed her and we parted off.

Wait did not seem to get over-

I don’t know why in his world I was expecting a letter from Rhea which I never got. I remember a day, I was beaten by my mom to death, for no reason. I wonder was it something related to Rhea, she had known or had Rhea written a letter which my mom had read. Kept wondering and wait did not seem to get over. It was the time for my dad to shift to another place. We shifted and Rhea became a distant dream for me.

The new place-

We shifted to a new place with better people around. People were happy to see me, more gracious and friendly. I was overwhelmed, for first time in life I had a group of friends, of my own. I was enjoying each and every split second. I had every thing I wanted. Yes, I was also the one, to be surrounded by girls all the time. I enjoyed it though I was still trying to find Rhea or someone like her.

I met Rashmi-

A contented school life helped me do well in studies and I managed to get admission in one of the apex engineering colleges of the country. I felt blessed. I had everything I wanted. In college I met this crazy girl named Rashmi. Her craziness knew no boundaries. For her the only assignment of life was, to convince me, to say yes, to her proposal. I started liking her, but I did not love her. Yes, I am sure I did not love her. For somewhere my mind still craved for that reflection I still had, the image of Rhea. “Where would she be now? Is there any way I can be in touch with her? This time I would not let her go. I wont bother her by saying I love her. Infact I would act as if I don’t love her, and as soon as right time will come, I will propose her. Till then we will be friends”. I contemplated every night before going to sleep. Rhea had stolen my heart and my sleep for sure since ages. Yeah, Girls around me have successfully made me a drama king to think such a crap.

The Orkut era-

Orkut became a place for juvenile to show off. To show, if they are single or committed. To show, if they are happy or sad. To make someone jealous. And yes, it acted as the best tool for girls to do all the above mentioned activities. I simply hated orkut, specially when Rashmi put my pictures with her, that too with crazy captions.” From where the hell can she get such foolhardy captions”, I use to wonder.

Rashmi’s dream was to see me committed for her, yes, nowhere else, but on Orkut. How crazy can girls be at times. “Is there a single sensible girl on earth?”.

Friend Request from Rhea-

That day, silliness had no margins. Rashmi insisted to check her new display picture(DP) on Orkut. Which was, obviously with me. She cried a day long to convince me for that. Yes, what else could work better then tears for girls, when they have to persuade a guy. I signed in to Orkut. I saw Rashmi’s DP and trust me, it was disaster. I could not control my amusement and displeasure being a part of her DP.

I was about to logout, from Orkut, but then, my eyes witnessed a name, “Rhea Pillai”. “What?No!!!! Oh, yes…I have got a request from Rhea. This time, I cannot let her go.”

“Last time, I remember, saying “I love you” disturbed her a lot, and if she will have a slightest clue that I still love her, she would never ever talk to me.” I did not want to lose her again. I thought of an idea. Before accepting her request, I changed my relationship status from “single” to “committed”. “Atleast now she will be convinced that I don’t love her and we will be friends, close friends. When the time shall permit, I will propose her. No, wait, this is not enough to convince her, she was smart then, and now she would have got smarter.” To influence her more, I put my pictures with Rashmi, and accepted Rhea’s friend request.

My happiest moment soon became biggest misery of my life-

After adding Rhea, I was all sure things would get fine. But they did not. Next day, I could not find her in my friend list. To add more, there were celebrations and merriment around. Yes, Rashmi thought I have finally accepted her proposal and by now each of my friends thought so. I knew I was screwed. I knew it would be hard for me to tell every one, the reason behind my status being “committed”. So I did not bother to clarify. Hence, I was bounded, not to be single anymore.

I don’t know, what could have happened. Rhea had sent me a request, but then where did she go? Or was it some illusion I felt, like getting a friend request from her?

Being “committed”, when I was not really committed, sucked bigtime. “I wish Rashmi understands it some day.” I wished every night.

Rahul now-

Oh, I am a contented man. I am working for Cisco, my dream company. Rashmi has moved onto her next level, and is trying to convince me to marry her. These girls are too complicated. First they demand something to which they have hundreds of demand hidden.

I tried to, but could not love Rashmi. I wish I could tell her this someday. I am confused, will It be fair to tell her bluntly? I am still waiting for the love of my life. I do flirt with other girls. You know to get love of my life, trial and error works the best. Rhea …where is she? Ahhhh, enough of Rhea I guess. Diana is waiting for me to……….i know you guys are smart enough to understand. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment