Sunday, August 26, 2012

True Love- Part 1

There is this never ending combat between guys and girls, regarding loyalty and commitment in a relationship. Girls articulate guys are dogs, guys declare girls are bitches, but aren’t bitches meant for dogs? I am not here to take any one’s side, but to put frontward my story. People say, first love is the true love. Is it? Then why only 20% of people get married to their first love? Some also say that true love happens once. I say every love is a true love. I mean, can some one please tell me, what’s a false love?

My first true love and the worst ever break up-

My story commences a decade back. I some how managed to clear 12th standard, getting 45% marks, and still my family unit celebrated, for they never projected me to clear it in first attempt. No, I wasn’t either a dumbfuck. I scored less, because I played cricket.

Cricket, was my love, my life, my religion and Sachin Tendulkar, my god. My folks never showed any restriction towards my choice. I was truly, deeply, madly, crazily in love with cricket. For me, my routine was to get up early, take my bat and run into the fields, where I was the only king. Scorching sun, starvation, girls, nothing came between me and my love. Not blowing my own trumpet, but I played really well. I don’t remember myself scoring anything less then 25. Yes, I was loyal to my love. But like every love story has a villain, this, simplest of love story of mine had a villain too- future & career combo.

My father knew, it was not a cake walk, in this country of corruption, to become a cricketer. He, like any other father wanted me to become self-sufficient and established in life, of course by taking some government job or a respectable job, and not cricket.

I still remember my last day with my first love-

After 12th standards, before college could start, we had long vacations, like every body does. My only to- do for entire vacations was to play cricket from morning 5 to 9 at night. My dad could witness me getting deep into the same. It was my last day of the vacations-


Dad: Where were you from last 2 months?

Me: Dad, nowhere, I was here, at home itself. (Eyes down)

Dad: Really, but I don’t remember, when did I see you last time. What keeps you so busy?

Me: ( Without any shame) Cricket. I have to become a cricketer. Everybody is sure I will break Sachin’s record someday . ( My eyes sparkled )

Dad: Do you know Sunil, the one who resides beside kali temple. He and people around him believed same and today he is just a clerk. In name of milk, his wife feeds his kids with flour mixed water and jaggery.

Me: But..he did not (I could not complete my sentence as I saw dad taking bat into his hand and breaking it)

Dad: So, I hope you understand, it means you are not going to play cricket anymore and concentrate on studies. If not, u can walk over my dead body before doing the same.

Emotional blackmail is an integral part of every Indian family, I am sure. My heart broke into pieces. My love story ended. People cry for guys, people cry for girls. I cried for not being able to make cricket my destiny. That was the worst heart break I ever had.

3 comments:

  1. Great start ...waiting for the second one to come..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweety.... Cool start... Cricket love!! Wanna read more on how are u going to take it dear... keep writing more and more... wish u good luck!!! :) these reminds me of our school days!!! hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god :) u realy know heart ae !!
    keep posting

    ReplyDelete