Thursday, August 30, 2012

True Love- Part 3


I belled the CAT, I mean I cracked it, though with low marks, I managed to get admission in a respectable MBA college. After my break up, I got what all I needed to move on. A new place, a good bunch of friends, and yes, I enjoyed the daily MBA presentations.

Life gained its track all over again. I scored well, like I told you I was never a dumbfuck, I scored bad because I never studied, but now, since there was no chance for me to play cricket, I put all my energy into studies. 1st year of MBA went smooth, flirting with girls, going industrial visits and studying 10 subjects every semester on an average. I loved all this new life of mine. But like God’s plans are always different then ours, I met her.

After our summer internships, we were back in the college, all energized. Excitement was to see juniors, since we did not like the kind of girls we had in our class. Excitement was to rag juniors. Excitement was to win bets which we have been thinking of since days. “Who dares propose and date the most beautiful junior”. I knew I had to win this. We started checking each and every junior to select the best of all. It was not a herculean task since customary to college beliefs a fresher night was to be arranged, crowning the best. Hence we got our Miss Fresher. Natasha her name was.

Freshest of face ive ever seen. She looked so pure and innocent that we worried even looking at her might have caused harm to her. We all started checking her in the canteen. “ Who can dare to propose her and make her sleep, anyone anyone” said one of my friends. “Sid, you need to do this, you know you are the best” I said to myself. I know the easiest of ways to impress a girl is to show you are not impressed and she will be attracted to you. It worked in my case. She felt I was different, unlike other guys who spent their days checking her and she came to me, upfront.

Natasha- Hi, I need few notes of accounts, I am an engineer and some one told me you have the best of notes.

I knew she was lying. But, this was the chance I was waiting for, I need to win the bet with my friends showing them I am the best. I said if she has any problem, she can anytime approach me and I would be there for her help.

We started chatting over facebook for hours. My wit helped me attract her more towards me, and yes the day came when she proposed to me. We were talking over the phone.


Natasha- So, what gift am I getting on my birthday from my new friend.

Me- Anything, but in limits, would be granted ( I was just acting pricey, all I had in my mind, was to win the bet)

Natasha- I want you

Me- Granted

It was so easy. Yes, we were going around. I loved the feeling, to have most beautiful girl by my side, to see other people getting green-eyed with envy. No, so far I was not in love with her. For, I still loved Shilpa. Natasha wasn’t a bit of Shilpa. SHilpa was dominating, commanding, a typical girl friend I loved to be with. Natasha was no doubt prettiest, but very cute to fight and dominate.

It just took few movies and gifts for me to win Natasha’s trust and then she was on bed with me, Don’t wish to detail it, but yes, I won the bet. All of my friends celebrated. Rivers of alcohol were made to flow. Without realizing what I had done, I felt like a hero. I did not break up with her, as I thought it to be too rude. Moreover, I thought It would be a matter of an year, after which I would be out of the college and work somewhere else. Out of sight, out of mind was i thought ,should work and then I would never really have to break up, hurting her.

I had best of my time with Natasha, and it took me long to realize that I started loving her. She was the best of girlfriend and wife, one could ever have. She never made me feel sad, be it my inability to get placed through college in the beginning or some family issues, she was always there to support me and make me feel better. Time was flying and all seemed well, until one day.

Natasha- My parents have started looking for a guy, for me to get married. When do you think , would you be ready to talk with them.

A hell broke over me again. “What?Marriage? are you crazy, I cannot marry you” I don’t know why did I say that. May be I was not prepared, or may b I was scared of commitment or I felt my family would never accept her or may be I was expecting someone better, extraordinary to be my wife, but not Natasha. She is good but I could never imagine her as my wife.

Me- I cannot marry you. I was there with you just for your happiness. I guess its time for you to move on. I have better things to concentrate on, like my career. And moreover I want my parents to choose a girl for me. Its their right, I wish not to take from them.


Natasha- But wasn’t it love, will we not be together forever. What about the love making part?

Me- oh please, lets not get emotional and ruin our lives. And I want you to be a bit practical. You are not the first girl facing all this. Time heels all. So move on.

That was the last time I spoke with Natasha. She did try calling me hundred times until I blocked her number, but only after that I realized I loved her. I started missing her crazily. Few month after were like the worst months of my life. I guess,she would have cursed me. Or she cannot curse me, for she was a beautiful person at heart. I knew it was my mistake that I lost her and I decided to never ever fall in love and get married to my parent’s choice, but with a girl like Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment